Your TV’s got the video part nailed. But the audio? That leaves a lot to be desired. Especially when it’s movie time. Game time. Music time. Come to think of it, any time.
The all new PLAYBASE adds pulse-pounding, full-theatre sound to all your movies, TV shows, sports and games – and it wirelessly streams your favourite music, too. Its slim, low profile design practically vanishes beneath your TV, yet it fills your entire viewing room with spectacular widescreen sound you just can’t miss.
It is part of SONOS, the wireless Home Sound System that fills as many rooms as you want with great-sounding tunes.
It’s a new, better way to fill each day with the sounds you love.
Movies and music to the power of 10.
PLAYBASE uses ten amplified internal drivers – six midrange, three tweeters, and one woofer – to replace the steady drip of your TV’s built-in speakers with deep booms, crystal-clear whispers, and huge waves of sound.
An off-the-wall approach to better TV sound.
Conventional soundbars work best when wall-mounted directly below your TV. Problem is, most TVs aren’t on walls. They’re standing on credenzas and tabletops. PLAYBASE to the rescue. It’s elegant, low profile design practically disappears beneath your TV, yet it fills your entire viewing room with sound that’s flat-out amazing.
Trueplay, custom speaker-tuning for your PLAYBASE.
Trueplay bounces sound off various surfaces in your TV room, analyzing the distance from each wall, the location of your PLAYBASE, and the spot you love to watch from. Then it adjusts each woofer and tweeter to make sure perfectly-tuned sound reaches your ears from every direction at just the right instant and volume.
Software updates mean the product you buy today will be even better tomorrow.
TV sound and music you can feel, from a speaker you’ll barely see.
Two-in-one. Adds full-theatre sound for your TV. Streams music, too.
Simple two-cord setup. One for power. One for your TV.
Works with your existing TV remote.
Syncs wirelessly with SUB and two PLAY:1s for 5.1 surround sound.
Design that disappears under your TV. Sound you just can’t miss.
- Ten amplified speaker drivers – six mid-range, three tweeters, and one woofer.
- Ten Class-D digital amplifiers.
- Optical input to connect to your TV. Allows Playbase to speak DOLBY DIGITAL and stereo.
- Adjustable bass, treble, and loudness controls to customise your sound preferences.
- Autoplay setting lets you choose whether or not TV audio will begin playback automatically.
- Dimensions – H x W x D: 58 x 720 x 380 mm (2.28 x 28.35 x 14.96 in.)
- Weight: 8.6 kg
- Touch-interface controls & lights
Capacitive touch controls for volume up/down, previous/next track, and play/pause.
LED indicates Sonos component status and mute status.
Power & Networking
- Power supply. Auto-switching 100-240 V, 50-60 Hz AC universal input.
- WiFi, not Bluetooth. Connects to your home WiFi network with any 802.11b/g, 2.4 GHz broadcast-capable router for uninterrupted wireless streaming.
- Ethernet port. A single Ethernet port can connect Playbase to a wired home network.
- System requirements. TV with optical audio output. Broadband internet in your home. Sonos Controller App.
- Sonos Playbase, AC power cord, Ethernet cable, optical audio cable, warranty and regulatory booklet, and Quickstart Guide.